Urban connections gay speed dating sex dating in glenwood hawaii
In 1904 the Leeds parish absorbed Beeston, Chapel Allerton, Farnley, Headingley cum Burley and Potternewton from within the borough.
In the twentieth century the county borough initiated a series of significant territorial expansions, growing from 21,593 acres (87.38 km In 1912 the parish and county borough of Leeds absorbed Leeds Rural District, consisting of the parishes of Roundhay and Seacroft; and Shadwell, which had been part of Wetherby Rural District.
From 1988 two run-down and derelict areas close to the city centre were designated for regeneration and became the responsibility of Leeds Development Corporation, outside the planning remit of the city council.
In 1801, 42% of the population of Leeds lived outside the township, in the wider borough.
It changed from being the name of a small manorial borough in the 13th century, through several incarnations, to being the name attached to the present metropolitan borough.
In the 17th and 18th centuries Leeds became a major centre for the production and trading of wool.
Leeds has the third-largest jobs total by local authority area, with 480,000 in employment and self-employment at the beginning of 2015.